TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Booking Conditions & Payment Policy
- For bookings requested within one month, full payment via valid credit card is required immediately.
- For bookings longer than one month ahead, 50% deposit via valid credit card is required immediately upon booking, with balance in full required one month prior to arrival. Credit card payments attract a 2.2% fee
BOND AND CAR REGISTRATION
- A Security Deposit of $500 (Secured by a valid credit card) and Driver’s License and Car registration details are required to confirm your booking.
- IMPORTANT: Your $500 Security Deposit will be processed (pre-authorised) the day before your arrival and held for 7 days - so please ensure you have sufficient funds available in your CREDIT CARD account.
Terms, House Rules, Cancellation, Refund and Termination Policies
- The property will be available for occupancy after 2.00 pm, and you will need to check-out by 11.00 am, (unless other arrangements have previously been made).
- We reserve the right to terminate your stay if you have additional people staying at Halcyon Cottage Retreat other than the number specified when originally booking. Under these circumstances no refund will be given. Alternatively, upon prior discussion with us, an additional charge may be made.
- Security for your possessions while staying at Halcyon Cottage Retreat is your responsibility, and we shall not be responsible for any losses you may incur.
- We reserve the right to terminate your stay if you act in a manner that is unlawful, causes a nuisance to neighbours, or causes wilful damage to the property. In these circumstances no refund will be given and we shall not be responsible for any losses you may incur or difficulty in finding other accommodation.
Condition of Property
- We are very proud of Halcyon Cottage Retreat and make every endeavour to present it to you in the very best condition possible. We sincerely request that upon vacating, you leave the cottage in the condition in which you found it, i.e. dishes washed, rubbish put in bins, and any items that may have been moved, to be replaced in their original location.
- When vacating the property, please leave the keys on the kitchen bench and close the door behind you.
- If the property is left in an unacceptable condition necessitating additional cleaning, then you agree to cover the cost, and such amount (at the rate of $25 per hour) will be debited to your account.
- If you are staying for a number of weeks then we shall clean Halcyon Cottage Retreat and change the linen & towels on a weekly basis, with a mini clean in between, i.e. rubbish taken to bins, general tidy up etc.
- We reserve the right to enter the property to turn off any lights or appliances that may have inadvertently been left on, or to shut any windows to prevent rain causing possible damage to carpets or furniture if left open.
- In the event of something breaking, being lost or spilled, please call us immediately. We will not seek reimbursement for breakages of a minor nature, however, in the event of damage or loss occurring to the contents, cottage or garden that necessitates repair, replacement or additional cleaning, you agree to cover the cost of same, and such amount will be debited to your account.
- We provide all electrical and gas appliances in good working order and request immediate notification in the event that something ceases to work satisfactorily so that we can attend to the problem as soon as possible whilst you are there. Please note: it is too late to report the problem once you return home as we may have other guests arriving which would make repair at a later date difficult.
- After using the washing machine or clothes drier it is essential that the lint filters be cleaned after every use in order to prevent damage to the machines.
- If there is an unfortunate interruption to the power, water or gas supply, please notify us immediately and we shall do whatever we can to notify the relevant authority. In these circumstances, as we are not responsible, we shall not offer any discount for any inconvenience.
- Reminder: No pets allowed at Halcyon Cottage Retreat
- Reminder: Halcyon Cottage Retreat is a ‘Smoke-Free’ house.
- Full or part payment of the tariff means that you accept our Conditions of Stay as set out above.
Please call 0438 044 974 or 0418 333 316 or email us if you have any queries whatsoever. We want your stay at Halcyon Cottage Retreat to be a happy and memorable one, and your communication is important to us.